DCDC Board Members
The DCDC Board meets the second Monday of the month at 4:00 p.m. in the DCDC Office at 612 Iowa Ave.
How can I serve on the DCDC Board?
An eligible, "voting member," is any individual who has made a membership contribution to DCDC equal to or greater than $50, or any business that has made a membership contribution towards DCDC equal to or greater than $100 in the current membership drive. The member donation must be received by February 28th of the current year to be eligible to nominate/vote for Board members in the current year’s Board election.
One vote is allowed per individual membership and one vote is allowed per business membership, with a limit of two votes per household. Voting members must be 18 years or older.
The DCDC election year is June 1st - May 31st and the election process is as follows:
- The number of open seats for an election are determined by the Board and announced publicly by March 1st.
- Nominations are accepted from voting members, March 15th – March 21st.
- Nomination forms must be accompanied by the signatures of five (5) current voting members to be accepted. This applies to both new and returning board members.
- Ballots are made accessible to voting members on April 1st. Ballots will be accepted electronically or in hard copy from April 1st through 5:00 p.m. CST on April 7th.
- New members take office at the DCDC Annual Meeting, held annually in May.