What is DCDC?
DCDC stands for Dunlap Community Development Corporation. It was formed in 1991 as a 501(c)(6) organization with the purpose of enhancing the economic environment of Dunlap and improving the quality of life for its citizens. DCDC also works with local government and other institutions in Dunlap to support the development of the Dunlap community in order to sustain and expand business endeavors.
Here is some information on DCDC's areas of focus:
- New Housing
- DCDC purchased the land to develop Pleasant View and Prairie Meadows Estates housing developments. They platted the property adn worked with the City to fund new infrastructure. DCDC actively promotes the remaining available real estate to encourage the construction of new housing and migration to our community.
- Youth Activities
- DCDC is involved in projects that allow youth access to sports and recreation. DCDC swapped land to allow the best location for Sullivan Fields to be developed. DCDC also participated in the grant writing to fund the ball fields and buildings. DCDC plans to write a grant for the addition of a polymeric rubber surface to the basketball court at the Dunalp City Park.
- Parks and Recreation
- Dunlap takes pride in our two parks - Pleasant View Park and the Dunlap City Park. DCDC is actively pursuing grants to fund improvements and the creation of additional experiences at both park locations as well as the community pool.
- Learning and Literacy
- DCDC was involved in proposing that a new library facility be developed that allowed the school and community to share the entity. Currently, DCDC is applying for grants that create additional literacy programs for area kids, as well as conversing with Boyer Valley Schools to create programs that bring together school and community.
- Health and Wellness
- DCDC assisted with the vision and planning of the Dunlap Wellness Center, developed as a joint venture between the city and school, created with both public and private entrances to make it dual purpose. DCDC looks to play an instrumental role in the creation and improvement of future health and wellness projects.
- Industrial Development
- DCDC purchased land to create Dunlap's Industrial Park and had the land platted. The development began at Toledo Ave. DCDC built a 10,000 square foot spec building and leased it to area businesses.
From Highway 30, DCDC paved the entrance to Sullivan Seed and sold land to Sullivan Supply. They platted lots, worked with the City to create a method to fund the new infrastructure, and got a lift station to reroute sewage due to topography issues. DCDC continuously seeks ways to grow industry in our community.
- Main Street
- Knowing that sustainabile communities have attractive, occupied store fronts, DCDC has granted funding for multiple facade updates, assisted business owners in applying for grants that fund projects like tuck pointing, and funded facade recommendation drawings for several Main Street businesses.
When the American Legion building collapsed, DCDC purchased the building a hired a structural engineer to determine salvageability. DCDC then borrowed money to be repaid through TIF funds to restore the building to operation. DCDC sold the building to a local entrepreneur who converted it to two store fronts and five apartments. This fall, DCDC will write grants to paint Main Street facades.
- Access to Medical
- To rectify the issue of having no medical clinic in town, DCDC donated the land to construct the Burgess Clinic. Additionally, DCDC built a building to allow CHI Health to continue to operate in a safe and modern facility. DCDC is actively pursuing options to return pharmacy services to our town.
- Tourism and Beautification
- DCDC's newly formed Tourism and Beautification Committee is researching ways to improve the aesthetics of and experiences within our community. Projects in the works include unified Main Street planters and updates to the park space near the Dunlap Post Office.
- DCDC funds, organizes and promotes the annual Easter Egg hunt, 4th of July celebration and Shop Hops. The DCDC Events Committee is currently planning the Independence Day festivities and is actively pursuing grants to fund park activities for kids.
- DCDC is fundraising for an updated welcome marquee on the south side of town that will allow us to update the message electronically. Additionally, DCDC is finalizing the designs of wayfinding signs that will point visitors toward public areas.
- DCDC is developing and selling Dunlap-branded merchandise with the intent of positively promoting our town and raising funds for future needs and projects.
If you are interested in donating to any of DCDC's important causes, click here.